Somalia is a country in East Africa, as a result of civil wars, disintended and assembled together again. Together with historical events changed symbols.
So the modern flag of Somalia looks:
History of the flag of Somalia
In the XV-XVI centuries, the locality of modern Somalia held Sultanate Adal, whose flag was a vertical cloth, on which there were three vertical stripes – the central had a red color, the latter – white. On each of them, there was three crescent of the same colors (white – on red, red – on white).
Another part of the country was held by Imamat Ajuran, which existed from the XIII to the XVII century. The flag had a non-standard form – triangular. His whole square was shared by another two triangles – red and yellow, and a white crescent was a satellite.
In the XVI century, the territory belonged to Turkey, based on this, its flag was used as a municipal, reincarnated in a red rounded triangle with a yellow crescent.
In the XIX century in the northern part of the country, there was a Dervisian government (monks and ascetics), its flag – a rectangular green cloth with a red rectangle in the center.
From 1861 to 1946, part of the country belonged to Italy and had the same flag as the metropolis, only with the image of the coated shield – a red with a white cross in a blue frame.
In 1903, an English Somalia was formed, which had a blue flag with Union Jack in the upper corner of the ride and with income in the White Circle at the Free Right Finish.
- In 1950 her place was taken by the emblem of the colony, which was adjusted in 1952.
The modern flag was officially approved in the first half of the 60s of the twentieth century, but Mohamed Aval Liban made it 6 years earlier.
It is a one-photon cloth of a rectangular shape, in the center of which a five-pointed star is located. The aspect ratio of steak – 2:3.
Colors flag of Somalia
Has two colors:
Meaning colors of the flag of Somalia
- Blue was rejected as a sign of gratitude from the UN Flag, which made a good contribution to the liberation of Somalia from Italy. Not counting it he symbolizes the peaceful sky.
- White in Heraldry – Clean.
- Star – Freedom, and 5 of her finish – 5 regions of the country.
On the terrain of the Somali Republic there are self-proclaimed countries, which have personal signs:
- Avdalend – three vertical stripes, central – white, extensive last – blue. On it – the blue contour of the crescent and five-pointed star.
- Azania – tricolor with white, blue, red stripes located horizontally.
- Galmudoug – blue with a green triangle with a white contour of the trek, on it – crescent and white star.
- Jubaland – Tricolor with green, blue, white horizontal stripes. In the center on the left side, “dissolves” one of the tops of the blue triangle with a white star on it.
- Northland is like official.
- Blue – as a state, but with white and black stripes from below.
- Puntland – tricolor with blue, white, and green horizontal stripes, on top – white star.
- Somaliland – tricolor with green, white, and red horizontal stripes, on the top – white phrase on Arabic, on the central – green star.
- South-West Somalia – two triangles, blue hazel, green – at the free edge, shared by the Red Stripe. On the left triangle – a white star, on the right – 6 white stars, located in a circle.
The republic is proud of its history and its flag, which seemed along with the final gain of independence.
Non-specialized information about Somalia
|Official language||Somali Arabic and Arabic|
|Territory||637 657 km2|
|Population||15 893 219 people|