The Republic of Haiti is in the Caribbean and occupies the western part of the Island of the same name and a pair of more Majakhansky Islands near him. To chagrin, the history of the republic from the moment of its proclamation and is now overwhelmed with rebellion, occupying, armed conflict, and dictatorship. How does Narrow look with it one of the municipal signs of the republic – its flag? Does he reflect the difficult history of the country?
So the modern flag of the Republic of Haiti looks:
History of the flag of Haiti
The Haiti Peninsula was opened by the Christopher Columbus expedition in December 1492 and at first, was Spanish Colonia. In the 2nd half of the 90s of the XVII century, the western part of the island moved under the control of France.
January 1, 1804, on the peninsula 1st and the only global history of the successful rebellion of slaves under the leadership of w.-J. Dessalines, ultimately, the Republic of Haiti seemed to the global political map.
Specifically, with this date, its national signs begin their history – coat of arms and flag.
In upcoming Haiti, it was not long ago to control France, became the kingdom, the empire, was occupied the USA, Again gained freedom…
Of course, the appearance of the banner did not count this, but its transformation was not very fundamental. The flag is almost constantly equally sized 2-different colors (horizontal or vertical) and the corresponding coat of arms in the center.
The modern State Flag of the Republic of Haiti was approved on February 26, 1986, and is consumed at the moment.
Flag Description and Color
The State Flag of the Republic of Haiti is a canvas of a rectangular shape with an aspect ratio of 3:5.
Two horizontal stripes of equal size painted in blue (top stripe) and red (lower band).
The center has located the coat of arms of the country, which depicts:
- Palm, crowned with Frigian two-color cap;
- Blue – banned and red guns – 3 on each side of the palm trees;
- The drum (centered under the palm tree), hatchets, mountain, guns, and flagpoles (on both sides of the drum), chains, anchors, and cannon kernels (on a green field in both directions from the center);
- White tape on the bottom of the coat of arms with the inscription “L’Union Fait La Force” (FR. “In unity – power”, other translation options: “Alliance formulates power”, “Unity gives force”).
To be sent to emphasize that the approved state motto of the country – “Liberte – Egalite – FraternNite” (FR. “Freedom, equality, fraternity”), the second words the inscription on the emblem is not an official motto.
The image on the emblem is not fully symmetrically, there are the following differences:
- On the guns from different sides of the palm trees are hats of different types of armies;
- Anchors are different: on the right side of the coat of arms anchor in part in the land in the ground.
|It is very interesting! Commercial military and flags of the Republic of Haiti outside fully coincide with its state flag. But the country’s civil flag is distinguished by the lack of a coat of arms in the center.|
Non-specialized information about Haiti
|Official language||Haitian Creole and French|
|Population||9 893 934 people|
|Currency||Gourd (HTG, code 332)|