The flag of Greece is one of the more serious municipal signs, which is in every country, region, and many cities. Significantly more often, the municipal flag is a panel-defined size and shape (practically at least what time, rectangle) having a certain color and sketch. At least some sign has a certain story and at least some laid entity laid.
So looks at the flag of Greece:
History flag of Greece
The ordinary flag of Greece was completely accepted only in the 2nd half of the 70s of the twentieth century. Earlier than the moment he often changed and used unofficially.
Greece sign has a sufficiently long and complex story.
Changes of the date of colors and the main signs of the Greece flag:
- In coordination with legends, the layout of the modern flag of Greece appeared in 1807. Then the priest nipped the white-blue cloth, which symbolized the restoration and freedom of Greece at the end of the four-year Ottoman yoke;
- At the end of the declaration of the independence of Greece, in the first half of the 20s of the XIX century, the Greeks were adopted by the light blue flag, for which the White Cross was added;
From 1832 to 1863, the flag of Greece in connection with the change of rulers has inconveniently changed the personal stunning bands than on the darker, and later again on stunning;
- In the first half of the 60s of the nineteenth century, the light blue color of the panel was changed to a dark blue.
At the moment, it was not officially not forbidden to introduce 3 different types of Greece flags. The municipal was set by the Blue Flag, on which the White Cross was depicted, and the image of the royal crown was stated in the center of the Cross. The state symbol, consumed by the Greeks, looked almost equally as a state, the only difference was the lack of crowns on it. In other states, in ports, and on ships, the Greeks used a cloth, folding out of 9 blue and white strips, in the upper left corner of which a blue square was located with a white cross.
- In the first half of the 20s of the twentieth century, a single official flag was installed in Greece – nine-band;
- During the fights held from 1945 to 1949, a red circle was added to the middle of the White Cross, in which a triangle was inscribed;
- In the first half of the 40s of the twentieth century, a combination of several flags was returned;
- In the first half of the 70s of the twentieth century, the official was recognized as a symbol adopted in the first half of the 60s of the 20th century as a state;
- In 1975, the official flag established by the Greek government is made of blue cloth, which shows the White Cross. The introduction of a nine-road flag continues to the introduction of a nine-road flag as unofficial;
- In the 2nd half of the 70s of the twentieth century, a symbol was adopted, which is the only official time.
Description flag of Greece
On this day, the symbol of Greece has a cloth, with alternating blue stripes and white. In the upper left corner, there is a blue square, inside which the white cross is inscribed.
Top and lower flag stripes constantly have only blue.
Colors flag of Greece
Not paying attention to the fact that the Greek symbol often changed personal accumulation – its main colors were always about the same (white, blue, blue). The modern Greek flag has only 2 colors:
The Meaning of characters and flag colors
There is a huge number of different symbols and interpretations of the colors of the Greek flag.
Almost everything converges to the fact that hopes – and white color of purity, while blue has a pair of values:
- Some calculate the blue color – the color of freedom, such a fundamental for the Greek people.
- It is believed that blue – the color of the sea. And those who are looking for interpretation in Greek mythology show that Aphrodite came out of the Blue Water with a white marine foam.
- One of the favorite options is considered to be the meaning of blue as the sky over Greece, and the white clouds on it.
The right shade of blue has not been approved in Greece, based on this periodically, a state sign can be depicted with blue. The government of Greece perceives it quietly.
White cross on the flag carries the designation of unrepited Greek Orthodoxy.
No chance yes, well, well, the fact that the bands in the Greek flag directly 9. But ideas, as for which reason, directly 9 – diverge:
- Someone recalls that strips 9 because the word “freedom” in Greek has 9 letters;
- Others are confident that 9 bands on the flag since the slogan for the liberation of the Greeks from the Ottoman IGA was the phrase “Freedom or Death”, which in Greek has 9 syllables.
Apart from the listed values, 9 – the number of Greek muses that are goddesses of science and enlightenment.
The flag of each country carries a giant and entertaining history. Each color and symbol covers a certain essence of that road of people. Greek flag – no exception. Not paying attention to the long history of the formation, now the flag is already available for 41.
Non-specialized information about Greece
|Territory||> 131 957 km2|
|Population||10 741 165 people|
|Currency||Euro (EUR, code 978)|